Hi there! I know I’ve been really quiet around here. I’ve been working on a few posts and I hope to have them ready soon, but today I wanted to just make this little announcement 🙂 As you might know, I recently launched The Foto Finch, the teaching branch of Treu Image Photography! You can find the new website here! Right now we are offering 2, one year, independent study photography courses for middle and high school aged students. I’m so happy with how this curriculum came together and hope that students and families will find them both educational and enjoyable!
And, if you happen to be in the Denver area (or don’t mind driving!), I’ll be holding two photography workshops this summer!! They will both cover the material in our Composition & Photojournalism course, and every attendee will go home with a copy! Like I said, this course is geared towards middle and huh school aged students, but truly anyone can benefit from this workshop and material!
If you’re interested in coming or have a student that might be, we would love to have you! Space is limited, so please don’t wait too long to register. Here are the workshop details:
Photography Workshop: Composition & Photojournalism
When (Pick one!)
- Saturday, August 16th, from 9am – 2pm
- Saturday, September 13th, from 9am – 2pm
Do you like taking pictures but want to be more creative with your photography? Do you wish you could capture the story behind your images, the details, even the emotions? If you want to learn how to go from pointing and clicking to creating art through photography, the Composition & Photojournalism workshop is for you!
Workshops are one day, fill your brain, be inspired, and shoot ’til you drop events for those who are ready to take their photography to the next level!
Now that you know the who (that’s you!), the when and where, here’s the what! During the workshop we’ll cover:
- What makes a picture visually interesting? (rule of thirds, lines, framing, etc.)
- Learning to use light
- Telling the story of your images
- Computers, printers, and beyond!
- Getting set up for the course
- And much more, including lots of Q&A time!
The cost of your workshop seat is $99. Here’s what’s included:
- A complete copy of the Composition & Photojournalism photography course by The Foto Finch. this is an expanded form of the material we’ll cover during the workshop and is broken down into 16 photography lessons and 30 shooting assignments – one full year of fine art curriculum! ($84 value!)
- A chance to practice your new skills with a live shoot!
- Two scrumptious meals (yum!)
- All this, plus tons of photo inspiration and discussion time!
Here’s what you’ll need to bring:
- Pen or pencil
- Water bottle
- Your camera! Since this class does not specifically address the technical side of photography, you can use any kind of camera – point and click, DSLR or SLR (what most people call a “nicer” camera), even a phone camera!
- Cards, batteries, lenses and film if necessary
- (1) 5 inch, three ring binder
- (30) tab dividers and labels
- (150) clear page protectors
Here’s how to sign up:
Send an email to Ernie Treu at email@example.com
with the word “Workshop” in the title. Be sure to include your name, age, and which workshop date you’d like to attend. Once your email is received, instructions for completing the payment and registration process will be sent your way as well as details about the workshop day so that you’ll know what to expect!
Want more information about the Foto Finch photography courses? Please visit www.fotofinch.com
or send an email to that same address (firstname.lastname@example.org
). We would love to help answer any questions you might have.
Are you a parent interested in taking the workshop? We’d love to have you! Please use the contact information above to register for your workshop seat!
Thinking about registering your younger student? The workshop is open to all ages! However please note that, attendees will be taking home a copy of the Composition and Photojournalism course to use throughout the school year, and this version of the course was written with middle and high school aged students in mind. We know that homeschooled students may be learning at a variety of levels. Please use your discretion when registering your child in the workshop.
*Please note: Because of the limited space and the nature of the class, only registered attendees will be able to stay during the workshop. No childcare is available. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Alright, that’s about it! I’m really excited for these two events and just getting to teach about this art I love so much! Please let me know if you have any questions at all. And please feel free to pass this info along! Thanks for all your support always 🙂 Hope to see you soon!